1. ATC offers you all of the content that the larger sites offer at NONE of the cost! This site is free. The resources are free. Why pay to access information on other websites when you can get it here, FREE!

Log-In or Join Now

New Job Applicant Role Call - Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'FAA - Federal Aviation Administration' started by Baker, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Baker

Baker New Member

Did you just apply to become a new Air Traffic Controller? If so, sound off and let us know where you're from!

I first applied in 2009 and I'm from Chesapeake VA.

2. Bluefalcon26

Bluefalcon26 New Member

Just applied hoping for the last time, currently work as a controller in Maryland.

3. Tom

Tom New Member

Welcome to the forums Bluefalcon26, have you applied before? Do you have any prior ATC experience?

4. James pineda

James pineda New Member

Applied yesterday, second time applying..CTI School grad this time....in Miami , Fl

Bluefalcon26 likes this.
  5. Evan adams

Evan adams New Member

Second time applying 2013 CTI Graduate...still not hopeful

6. Bluefalcon26

Bluefalcon26 New Member

Yeah I've applied before last year and a few others. I do have atc tower experience experience.

7. Bluefalcon26

Bluefalcon26 New Member

Fancy seeing you here Tom from MySpace

8. Tom

Tom New Member

Fell on some rough times....how did you know?

9. Bluefalcon26

Bluefalcon26 New Member

I'm just good with faces. Well look on the bright side a few years from now you will sell this site to Facebook for a couple billion dollars ;)

10. Tom

Tom New Member

yeah, that would be nice!

11. Steve B

Steve B New Member

Picture is my wife and son, used her facebook, whoops. Broward College CTI grad, applied last year for the first time, and again on Monday for this panel. Still hopeful here...

Bluefalcon26 likes this.
  12. Baker

Baker New Member

Welcome Steve and Good luck. It took nearly two years for me to get hired. Applied '09 - hired '11. Stay positive. Oh, and you have a beautiful family.

13. Dan

Dan New Member

I got picked up by the . I was Army ATC for 6 years, and now I've been DoD ATC for four years, currently working Skywatch AIC down in Honduras. I'm really hoping to get assigned to a tower because I was never able to get a CTO while in the military, and the lack of it is killing my career prospects.

If you're on LinkedIn, look me up:

14. Tom

Tom New Member

Dan, you still haven't got a class date for the Feb 2014 announcement?

15. Dan

Dan New Member

Tom, from what I understood, the February announcement was for direct hire into a facility, bypassing the Academy, which is why it called for applicants to have at least 52 weeks of "active" ATC experience.

16. Bluefalcon26

Bluefalcon26 New Member

Hey Dan congrats on getting hired! Hopefully you'll get that CTO soon!

Dan likes this.
  17. Dan

Dan New Member

Tom, it was the February 2015 announcement, not 2014.

18. Tom

Tom New Member

Oh, ok...the previous experience one. Thanks.

19. Wrench978

Wrench978 New Member

Hey all, My name is Nate. I don't have an ATC or aviation background, but I applied anyway. I started flight/ground school back in January, and have fallen in love with all things airborne. i know it's a wicked long shot, but I figured I would apply and see what happens!

20. Harry Conibear

Harry Conibear New Member

Hi Guys :) I literally Just found this forum on ATC and its Great

I want to join the Royal Air Force as a Air Traffic Controller . Hopefully Applying next year ( 2016 )