This is the specific process you will need to apply for employment with the FAA as an air traffic controller. We will post the current New Hire Announcement to the bottom of this section when it becomes available.
Wait until a job announcement is posted for Air Traffic Control then follow the steps! You may also search for a specific job using key words in the search bar.
The FAA utilizes USAJobs to enhance the application process. If you have not already created an account and built a resume on USAJobs, please do so. You will need an account in order to apply for a position through USAJobs. Once you have found the opportunity that interests you and confirmed your eligibility to apply and meet qualifications, you're ready to "Apply Online."
1. If you have a USAJobs account already, log in. If not, you will be prompted to create one.
2. Upload or create a resume and upload any supporting documents you wish to include with your application.
3. Select "Apply Online" to the vacancy that you choose and include the appropriate resume and documents.
4. Please ensure your resume contains all information requested in the vacancy announcement.
5. You will be automatically redirected to the FAA's Online Job Application System - AVIATOR. Click "continue" and AVIATOR will walk you through a short application process.
6. Once complete, click "Return to USAJobs." You'll be redirected to USAJobs once again to finish the process.
7. If you have elected to receive email notifications from USAJobs, you will receive confirmation of your application.
8. You can also check the status of your application at any time by logging on to your USAJobs account.
Tips for using USAJobs
Review the "How to Apply" section and be sure to follow the specific instructions for that job, or your application could be considered incomplete and ineligible. Be sure that your resume contains all the information requested in the vacancy announcement. For internal announcements open to Current or Former Federal Employees please ensure your resume contains pay plan, series, grade,start and end dates (including month, day, and year), hours worked per week, and a detailed description of duties for your federal employment. Determining eligibility or qualifications for these positions is dependent on the above information and failure to provide all of this information may result in a finding of ineligible.
When applying for a position, print out the job description to refer to later or when checking status.
Check the status of your application from the "Application Status" page on USAJOBS. Clicking on "More Info" for your application's status will direct you to the AVIATOR system for more detailed information.
Each vacancy announcement contains a "View Application Questionnaire" link. Click this link to see a preview version of the questions you will be asked during the application process. You may use this preview to gather the necessary information you will need once you begin to apply for the job.
For more information on Federal employment and the application process, visit the USAJOBS Resource Center to learn about Employment Information, Federal Hiring Processes, and how to assess your skills and interests to match potential career opportunities.
ATC offers you all of the content that the larger sites offer at NONE of the cost! This site is free. The resources are free. Why pay to access information on other websites when you can get it here, FREE!
Log-In or Join Now
Federal Aviation Administration
federal aviation administration, faa, natca, air traffic control, atc, air traffic control jobs